Infor Wants your Help with Reports
Date Posted: 1-19-2015
The Infor SyteLine development team is working on a project for 2015 to see how we can improve the overall usability of the standard SyteLine reports. They are just beginning this process and the first thing they want to do is get feedback from their customers, you, as to exactly what standard SyteLine reports are being used today.
So they are asking for your help to identify the frequency and utilization of SyteLine reports. Infor is inviting you to participate in this process by sending them your Background Task History data. The process does not alter any of your data – it simply gathers data from the BGTaskHistory table for analysis by Infor. This data would only be used by Infor and not shared outside of Infor with anyone else.
Here is the process Infor would like for you to do against each production SyteLine configuration:
- Log into SyteLine
- Change record cap to ‘Retrieve All’ available from User Preferences Runtime Behavior tab.
- Open BGTaskHistory form which is available from the Master Explorer Modules\System folder or menu.
- With Filter-in-Place On, filter BGTaskHistory records for Reports only Type = RPT and Submitted: > 1/1/2013. Toggle Filter-in-Place to return results.
- Export results to Excel and accept defaults
- Save results as CSV (comma delimited) file. Please consider incorporating your Customer Name and SiteName in the file name as shown.CustomerName_SiteName_BGTaskHistory = Infor_OH_BGTaskHistory.csv
- Attach each file to an email with a subject line of BGTaskHistory data and send to email@example.com
- If you believe .csv files will not pass through email filters, you may compress them.